Monday, January 31, 2011

Itch...itching...it's driving me crazy...

Staying here
just one more day
is causing
my skin to burn

I feel claustrophobic
stuck
and beginning
to feel the walls close
tighter
against my skin

Too many people
here
without real
friendships or love
just said hugs
or something masked
with niceties
unfortunately

so scared to believe
in anyone
that anyone
could be real to me
could be
friendly
could be
my friend
for real

Feeling so much
like this is
high school
just as i
did then feeling
awkward
wanting away
out
afraid to give
of myself
fear of being
disliked.

get me out of here
crawling is
my skin of
new beginnings
not knowing anyone
neighbours
only family miles
miles
miles away
from here
us
and so desperately
wanting fresh starts
all
the
time.

Quiet mumblings
try
to help find
ways to assimilate
into this
incredibly
small
town of small
minds or
big minds
of small people
can't be sure
because
they can't be
nice
can't get close

moving will
save me
stop the itch
stop
the paranoia
or careful delivery
of words said
to neighbours
of town
people

subsiding soon
very
close to
stopping the itch
i need this furious
craving to be rid
of these insects
bites
running soon
away

for now
i
close my eyes
pretend
wait to soon
leave this itchy
sticky
scratchy
messy
scary
feeling-ed
place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books to Read

  • Demon Haunted World - Carl Sagan
  • Bearing Witness